Dear business partner,
sfm takes the growing concerns about the COVID 19 virus very seriously and is monitoring the outbreak and its potential impact on our business very closely. Our current focus lies on ensuring the safety of our personnel while continuing to deliver medical devices of the highest quality to our customers and their patients who rely on us.
At present, we have not yet had any significant impact on our daily business processes. The continuing supply of the necessary raw materials and supplies for our production, as well as the movement of goods between Wächtersbach and our subsidiary in Prague, is currently ensured.
We are daily monitoring the situation in all departments both in Germany and the Czech Republic. The following measures have been taken to protect our employees, customers and suppliers:
- The already high standard of hygiene at sfm in Wächtersbach and safemed in Prague was intensified by taking additional measures, for example by providing additional disinfection stations at all entrances to the company buildings and increasing the cleaning frequency of the social areas.
- The employees received additional instructions on how to behave (no shaking hands, social distancing, proper coughing and sneezing hygiene, etc.) for self-protection.
- Food sales in our canteen were stopped and employees were instructed to avoid the canteen.
- Meetings and seminars that are not indispensable were cancelled or will be held online.
- All business trips and appointments with external visitors have been cancelled until further notice. - Exceptions to this (e.g. visits by the company doctor) can only be approved by the management.
- All members of the administration are equipped with notebooks and mobile phones so that they can remote work from home if necessary.
- The shift model in production has been adapted in such a way that employees do not encounter each other when shifts change.
- In all administrative areas, employees work alternately from home as far as possible to ensure that the most important business processes are maintained.
We apologize if current inquiries cannot be answered in the usual fast way. We will do our utmost to ensure your punctual delivery.
We hope for your understanding and wish you all the best, especially health, in these turbulent times.
Best Regards from Wächtersbach
Ralf Blomeyer on behalf of the whole sfm group